Sunday 27 January 2013

NOTD Essie + Butter London

I must admit, I am reluctant to try expensive and popular nails polish brands for the fear of liking them too much. I thus shied away from the rectangularness of Butter London bottles for a very long time. 

This Christmas, however, one came into my possession, and as I dreaded, it is freakin' awesome.
So as I slowly clamber onto the Butter London bandwagon, I thought I'd share my fresh discovery with you. 



It's called Rosie Lee, and it's straight-up small particle glitter in a clear base. 'Rose' is a good description for the colour in the bottle, or if worn on its own. It leans somewhat copper. You can get opaque coverage in three coats. I found through trial and error that the cuticle line looks tidier with a base colour underneath.

Here I painter one coat of Essie's Your Hut or Mine with two layers of Rosie Lee to follow. This Essie pulls the whole combo away from copper and more into the realm of pink.










Your Hut or Mine deserves an honorary story of its own, as it's one of the few polishes I have ever met that looks good in one single coat - an outstanding member of the Essie family. It's a medium rosie-pink with fine pearlescent pink shimmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment